I am planning to write down my own observation when I am on a business trip to Japan again. In this observation, I want to see how Cambodia and Japan are different from various viewpoints. Let me know think of the theme first.
Balancing a life is very important for me at this age and by looking into what we did last year, I come up with the following resolutions:
- Work with sports: It is important that I must do the exercise at least two times per week to ensure that I can work with healthy condition.
- Quality time with kids and wife: I spent less last year with my kids and wife and I can feel that there are a number of things I missed to do and the happiness in family was not much. Take off as many days as I can have and take opportunity including the holiday session to travel near or far from Cambodia with proper plan.
- Education and Research: Increase the working hours of education and research to ensure that my knowledge and qualification is still valid. At least one research project and publication must be achieved within this year.
- Friendship and solidarity: Increase the number of meeting or gathering at least once per month to strengthen friendship with friends.
- Family Members: Synergize the current family members to explore opportunity to make them grow bigger and bigger. At least, one business project or charity project must be achieved.
I believe that they are not too much for me to make these resolutions come true.
All the best wishes!
I left this blog for while as I was a bit busy during the last year. My resolution for this new year is to come back and make it active again. My focus will to help Khmer understand important social, cultural, political, economical, legal and moral values and principles such as justice, fairness and equality. I believe only when they clearly understand their basic concepts that they will then love and respect those values and principles. The only outcome from this resolution is to help the nation to educate and train Khmer to become sensible, capable and responsible citizens for their nation. I do hope this blog can make this goal realized.
ឧត្តមគតិដែលខ្លាំងបំផុត គឺការស្គាល់ចំនុចខ្សោយរបស់ខ្លួនឯងឲបានច្បាស់បំផុត (Lamernnais)។
សូមមើល ហ៊ុន គឹមស៊ា <គំនិតល្អ> (ទំ ៤៥, ១៩៧៣)
I just watched half of an Indian movie talking about love of two people: an Actor Vee from India and an Actress Sara from Pakistan. Among others, I like three phrases as quoted:
“សារា សូមនាងផ្តាំទៅឪពុក ម្តាយរបស់នាងផងថា ខ្ញុំសូមអរគុណនូវគុណតំលៃ ដែលពួកគេបានផ្តល់មកឲនាង”
“វី ប៉ាជឿជាក់ថា សារា នាងមិនធ្វើឲឯងធ្លាក់ពីលើកងឡើយ និងមិនបណ្តោយឲឯង ជិះទៅរកផ្លូវខុសទេ”
“សូមនាងចង់ចាំថា នៅឯជាយដែន មានមនុស្សម្នាក់ហ៊ានស្លាប់ដើម្បីនាង”
I have tried to find out the Cambodian Criminal Procedure Code for a long time on the Internet, but I could not find one. Finally, I found one website which has recently uploaded the Criminal Procedure Code of Cambodia, and I would like to post links to this website because this code is very important for Cambodia and her people. There are two versions of this code: one in Khmer and one in French. We are still waiting for another version of English. At this moment for the Khmer and French versions, please click the following links:
The two versions linked above were uploaded by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR Cambodia). You can also access to other laws and regulations on this website through Khmer Law Compilation. I hope this post is useful for students and researchers in law who have no access to hard or printed copy of this code.